Are you interested in a quick and effective way to realign your crooked teeth? Maybe you already know of or are beginning your own Invisalign treatment plan. You may be eager to learn more about this treatment and find practical steps you can take to speed up the process and get the most out of your Invisalign treatment. Our team at Durrett Orthodontics is ready to share all you need to know about an Invisalign treatment for your smile, just keep reading!
There are several practical measures you can take once you begin your Invisalign treatment:
- Wear them for at least 22 hours a day. Your orthodontist will provide you with a series of custom-made clear aligners that will help to correct your smile over time. They work by applying a small amount of constant pressure to your teeth and forcing them to reposition. However, this method is only proved useful when done correctly. Only take out your aligners for eating or cleaning purposes during the day.
- Keep your travel toothbrush handy! Keeping your aligners and teeth clean throughout the day can pose a challenge for individuals undergoing an Invisalign treatment. We recommend caring a small toothbrush and toothpaste set with you at all times. Cleaning your teeth regularly will help to reduce the risk of tooth decay or other oral issues.
- Clean your Invisalign aligners every week. Invisalign aligners can also carry harmful bacteria and food debris that can affect your teeth. Regularly cleaning the aligners will help to keep your smile healthy. Below are tips on how to do this properly:
- BRUSHING YOUR INVISALIGN ALIGNERS. Cold water and a toothbrush can help to get rid of bacteria and debris caught in the aligners. Warm or hot water can damage the shape of the aligners.
- USING RETAINER BRITE CLEANING TABLETS. Tablets can be dropped into a cup of water with your aligners and left in for 10 minutes for a thorough clean.
Contact our team at Durrett Orthodontics today for more information regarding Invisalign treatments for your smile.